Hiring an electrician contractor in Ahwatukee helps to protect both you and your family.
Electrical Safety and Your Residential Electrician
Call a Residential Electrician in Ahwatukee for Wiring Upgrades | (480) 926-1033
One of the real dangers of hiring anyone other than a residential electrician contractor is the very real risk of electrical fire.
According to the site FireRecruit.com:
“Another cause of electrical fire is placing materials like cloth or paper over a lampshade. The material heats up and ignites, causing a fire. Faulty lamps and light fixtures also frequently result in fires.
3. Misuse of extension cords is another electrical fire cause. Appliances should be plugged directly into outlet and not plugged into an extension cord for any length of time. Only use extension cords as a temporary measure. If you do not have the appropriate type of outlets for your appliances, hire an electrician to install new ones.
4. Space heaters are a major cause of electrical fires. Because these types of heaters are portable, many times people put them too close to combustible surfaces such as curtains, beds, clothing, chairs, couches and rugs. Coil space heaters are especially dangerous in this regard because the coils become so hot they will almost instantaneously ignite any nearby flammable surface. If you do use space heaters, use the radiator-type that diffuse heat over the entire surface of the appliance. These are less likely to ignite flammable items, but should still be kept away from them.
5. Outdated wiring often causes electrical fires. If a home is over twenty years old, it may not have the wiring capacity to handle the increased amounts of electrical appliances in today’s average home, such as computers, wide screen televisions, DVD players, microwaves and air conditioners.
Breakers should be triggered when circuits get overloaded by too much electricity, but outdated breaker boxes often have worn connectors that do not work, causing the system to overload and start an electrical fire.”
With wiring, so much can go wrong. If you mix the wrong gauge of wire for instance, it can short out a very expensive appliance, or even cause your electrical outlet to catch fire. So don’t take a risk. Call a residential electrician instead.