Hiring an electrician in Ahwatukee is all about the knowledge and experience that they bring to any electrical project. However, they also can save you a lot of money in the long run as well as guarantee your safety.
Electrical Safety and Your Ahwatukee Electrician Contractor
Call a Residential Electrician in for all Wiring or Electrical Upgrades | (480) 926-1033
According to the site FireRecruit.com “According to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), there are 28,600 electrical fires per year. These fires cause $1.1 billion in property damage and loss and are responsible for 310 deaths and 1,100 injuries each year.
The months with the most electrical fires are December and January due to increased use of heating appliances and lights. Most electrical fires start in the bedroom, but the highest number of fatalities occur with fires located in the living room, family room and den.
Some electrical fires happen because of problems in house wiring or appliance failure, but many occur due to mistakes that homeowners make like overloading electrical outlets or extension cords.
In order to prevent yourself or someone you love from becoming an electrical fire statistic, it is important to be aware of the common causes of electrical fires.
Here are the 5 most common causes of electrical fires:
1. Most electrical fires are caused by faulty electrical outlets and old, outdated appliances. Other fires are started by faults in appliance cords, receptacles and switches. Never use an appliance with a worn or frayed cord which can send heat onto combustible surfaces like floors, curtains, and rugs that can start a fire.
Running cords under rugs is another cause of electrical fires. Removing the grounding plug from a cord so it can be used in a two-prong electrical outlet can also cause a fire. The reason appliances have the extra prong is so they can be only used in outlets that can handle the extra amount of electricity that these appliances draw.
2. Light fixtures, lamps and light bulbs are another common reason for electrical fires. Installing a bulb with a wattage that is too high for the lamps and light fixtures is a leading cause of electrical fires. Always check the maximum recommended bulb wattage on any lighting fixture or lamp and never go over the recommended amount.”
A Residential Electrician is a Serious Professional
A residential electrician takes your wiring project very seriously. And what’s more, he has the license to prove it. Not just any person can be an electrician. He has to complete a minimum number of classes in order to get a license from the Arizona Board of Contractors.
In addition, an electrician usually has to go through an apprenticeship program. This knowledge base is key to you getting an electrical project completed.
So remember, you want to be safe, and you want your home to remain undamaged. Start with who you hire. Hire a residential electrician contractor in Ahwatukee.